Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy. Tails. Tale.

Herbie went home tonight. His new mom is a friend from high school. She saw Herbie's blog/pictures posted on Facebook and fell in love. I think a lot of people fell in love with the little stinker. He sure did have a lot of people cheering him on. Herbie now lives with a wonderful mom and dad who are spoiling him rotten, and a canine big sister named Cinderella. He is going to live a long, happy life and I'm so happy for all of them.

Last Saturday, Herbie and I went to the Lucky Dog adoption event at the Towson Petsmart. He howled like a freak the whole entire time. I think he was trying to tell me that he didn't want to get adopted that day. Perhaps he knew that no one there was his true match? Dogs are so smart.

When I decided to foster Herbie, I knew that there was someone in my circle of friends/family/acquaintances that he was meant to be with. And we found them. Herbie traveled a long way to get to them. He is a survivor. He could have been killed when he was hit by a car, but instead only lost a leg. And that certainly hasn't slowed him down in any way, shape or form. Before his leg was amputated, he dodged death again...he was scheduled to be put down if Lucky Dog didn't pay for his surgery. He traveled all the way from North Carolina and was adopted. His adopters returned him because he chased their hamster. Yeah. He went to doggie daycare in DC and was really well taken care of...and then I picked him up and brought him to Baltimore. He loved running around with Macho and Olive and terrorizing Hamilton. We will miss him and we hope that he comes over to play a LOT.

Oh, yeah...and I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment